As we get older maintaining our health becomes more important. At 60 years old I try to maintain a regime that’s preventative rather than restorative. This is a menu I saw for a healthy life in advanced years that I try to follow.
- Keep a healthy weight and exercise regularly.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Tomatoes, watermelons, pink grapefruits, guava and papaya contain lycopene, a powerful antioxidant. Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, bok choy and kale also are good choices.
- Let your doctor know if you have a family history of prostate cancer. Having a father or brother with prostate cancer more than doubles a man’s risk of developing this disease.
- Include more soy in your diet from sources such as tofu, soy nuts or soy flour or powders.
- Don’t smoke.
- Eat more selenium-rich foods such as wheat germ, tuna, herring and other seafood and shellfish, beef liver, kidney, eggs, sunflower and sesame seeds, cashews, mushrooms, garlic and onions. Selenium reduces risk of prostate cancer.
- Get a PSA blood test and digital rectal exam annually, beginning at age 50. Men at high risk, such as African American men or men with a strong family history of prostate cancer should begin testing at age 45.
#3 is a killer. Both of my paternal grandparents died of prostate cancer. This of course was in the days when it was really not operable. Although had it been detected early there may have been some remedy.
As we get older even if we don’t develop prostate cancer we may have problems with frequent urination and the inability to empty our bladder fully. Your prostate starts as just a little gland, but as you get older it can have a big impact on your quality of life! That might be why so many men over 40 experience changes in their bathroom habits: they need to go much more each day, they have a weaker urine stream, or they have incomplete bladder emptying. A lot of men also notice they’re waking up at night once, twice, or more to urinate.
If this sounds familiar, you’re in the right place. Recently I came upon a product that claims to cure that. Super Beta Prostate is a nonprescription supplement made with 10 powerful ingredients. It was made for men like you who want a safe and effective way to support their prostate health. It’s worth a shot. There’s a free 30 day trial online at superbetadeal.com All they require is shipping.
Visit their website here: https://buysuperbetaprostate.org